Administrative law principles pervade every aspect of legal advice to public sector clients. The firm’s attorneys have experience in developing internal administrative procedures for fair administrative action and administrative infrastructure that conforms with statutory requirements.
The firm has extensive and specialised knowledge and expertise in the sphere of public administration, including the administrative and constitutional law implications for public bodies in the performance of their functions.
In this regard, we have provided a range of legal services to government departments at national, provincial and local levels and numerous other public sector institutions and statutory bodies, including:
- the Departments of Labour, Home Affairs, Health, Water and Forestry, Minerals and Energy, Trade and Industry, Finance and Public Enterprises
- Provincial Governments and their Departments
- Metropolitan and Local Councils and the Municipal Demarcation Board
- the Receiver of Revenue (SARS)
- the National Economic Development and Labour Council (NEDLAC)
- the Commission for Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration (CCMA)
- statutory professional councils and sector education and training authorities (SETAs)